Welcome to the NT | Gospels | Unit 2: Four Communities
Objective: To understand and be able to explain how the relationship between the Setting and the Intent of the Gospels works for readers.
Est. Time: 1 hour 30 min.
This unit introduces you to the “M.A.S.H. effect” in the creation of the Gospels.
STEP 1 — Watch the Video (6:02)
STEP 2 — Complete the Action Step
||Welcome to the NT | Gospels | Unit 2: Four Communities
- Practice explaining the “M.A.S.H. effect” to yourself. Write out your explanation in your Course Journal.
- Think of three people to whom you’d like to explain the “M.A.S.H. effect.”
- Select people who are significantly different from each other–in gender, cultural background, religious belief, political commitments, economic status, educational background, etc.
- Write down their names and when (time and place) you can talk to them about the “M.A.S.H. effect.”
- Talk with each of the individuals. After each encounter, jot down a few brief notes about the exchange. You may wish to transfer those notes to your Course Journal.
- Using your Course Journal, write out your thoughts of how talking to different people altered or intensified your explanations of the “M.A.S.H. effect.”
STEP 3 — (Optional Downloads)
Here’s the audio of the video, for review “on the run” if you wish.
Available Downloads: [right-click on audio file above to download it]